- abbr. (in the UK) General Certificate of Education.
* * *Brit.General Certificate of Education.
* * *abbrevGeneral Certificate of Education
* * *General Certificate of Education: used to refer to an educational qualification in England and Wales in one of a wide range of subjects. GCE o level (=ordinary level) examinations were replaced in 1988 by the GCSE. GCE a level (=advanced level) examinations allow you to go to university.Thesaurus: degrees and other academic qualificationshyponym
* * *GCE (no periods) or G.C.E.,General Certificate of Education.
* * *the abbreviation for ‘General Certificate of Education ’ (a British exam taken by students in England and Wales and some other countries in any of a range of subjects. GCE O levels were replaced in 1988 by GCSE exams.)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
GCE — [ˌdʒi: si: ˈi:] n [U and C] General Certificate of Education an examination in a range of subjects, done by students in schools in England and Wales at ↑O level and ↑A level. In 1988, GCE O levels were replaced by GCSEs ▪ two GCE A level passes … Dictionary of contemporary English
GCE — can mean: *General Certificate of Education *Gas Control Equipment Ltd *Gateway College of Evangelism, a Bible College affiliated with the United Pentecostal Church International *Ground combat element designation of ground forces in the United… … Wikipedia
GCE — steht für: Caisse d’Epargne, ein spanisches Profiteam im Straßenradsport General Certificate of Education, der englische Schulabschluss, der dem deutschen Fachabitur gleichzusetzen ist Green City Energy GC E steht für: Chrysler GC E, ein PKW… … Deutsch Wikipedia
gce — (General Certificate of Education) (British) secondary school examination, British public exam taken in various subjects especially taken around the age 16 (was in effect before 1988) … English contemporary dictionary
GCE — ► ABBREVIATION ▪ General Certificate of Education … English terms dictionary
GCE — UK [ˌdʒiː siː ˈiː] / US [ˌdʒɪ sɪ ˈɪ] noun [countable] Word forms GCE : singular GCE plural GCEs General Certificate of Education: used to refer to an educational qualification in England and Wales in one of a wide range of subjects. GCE o level ( … English dictionary
GCE — Las siglas GCE pueden referirse a: Gato común europeo, o gato mestizo; Guerra Civil Española (1936 1939); Equipo Ciclista Caisse d Epargne, por su código de la UCI; Glucocorticoesteroide. Esta página de desambiguación cataloga artículos… … Wikipedia Español
GCE — ground combat element (MAGTF) … Military dictionary
GCE — Brit. General Certificate of Education. * * * … Universalium
GCE — Ground Checkout Equipment NASA … Acronyms